Thursday, October 14, 2010

TIC....TOC...TIC...TOC...

There is a misconception that being a stay-at-home mom or as we are professionally called "homemakers" we have all the time in the world. If you are a working mom, I honestly can say you have less time than we do. However, let me give you a little insight of how a typical weekday is for me..

6:30 - 7:30 a.m.  Wake up! by our kids...
           7:30 a.m.   Get ready for the day
           7:45 a.m.   Prepare and cook breakfast and lunch
           8:00 a.m.   Breakfast
           8:30 a.m.  Clean up after breakfast
9:00 -11:00a.m.  Baby takes his nap, while mom is doing laundry/sweeping house/organizing house/a couple of minutes of "me" time.
11:00-11:45a.m. Cook lunch and set the table
            11:45a.m. Drive to pickup Kindergartner
            12:30 p.m. Lunch
1:00 - 1:30 p.m.  Clean up after lunch, give baby a bath, prepare for baby's nap
1:30 - 3:30 p.m.  Baby takes his afternoon nap while mom and sister are doing homework.
            3:30p.m.   Play with kids
            4:30 p.m.  Tidy up the house from all the toys
5:30 - 6:00 p.m.  Prepare and cook dinner
           6:00 p.m.  Dinner
           7:00 p.m.  Give kids bath/shower and get them ready for bed
           7:30 p.m.  Baby is in his crib down for the night while we are cleaning up after dinner.
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Watch TV as a family and read bedtime story (ies)
           9:30 p.m. Off to bed!

Phew! that didn't seem like a lot, but now that I've written it down I realize how much I do! There are some days when our schedule if off by 20 - 30 minutes but for the most part this is what a typical day at our home is like. This also doesn't include grocery store trips or errands outside the home.   ;-)   that's a whole other post!

I strongly believe that stay-at-home mom's don't get the recognition they/we deserve. It is a personal choice to leave work and your career to be at home with your kids, yes finances are important too but that also depends on how much you are willing to sacrifice.

So I would like to show my gratitude to my mom for teaching me what is truly important and how to be organized and keep a tight ship! thanks MOM FOR ALL YOU DID AND STILL DO FOR US!

1 comment:

  1. Hello , seeing you grow as a Mom has meant a lot to me, looking back to all those years where I was doing more or less what you do now, I get all my rewards and see that it couldn't be any better,. Very Proud of you..

    I'm glad you have take the time to develop your own blog,
    Only because of you , now I'm a facebook member..
    LOVE YOUR WOW!

    ReplyDelete