Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Break.

In our area schools are back from summer vacation in mid-July and have a 2 week "fall" break at the end of September and begining of October. At first I have to admit I wasn't fond of the idea of starting school so early, I was in a "traditional" school calendar my whole life so to me this seemed a little awkward not to mention inconvenient due to other kids still being on vacation.

This year we decided to embrace the fall break and make the most of it and I'm glad we did. Because I finally saw the bright side of it: no crowds at parks, museums, lower airfare cost and you still get to enjoy the warm sunny weather.

We spent a week visiting family and went to several museums and today we will end our break going fishing. How did you spend your fall break?

No comments:

Post a Comment