Thursday, August 2, 2012

Alphabet Veggie Challenge {week 5}


We are on week 5 of our Alphabet Veggie Challenge and last time we choose a letter it was the letter:




While we took some time to visit beautiful Baja Mexico I found that the vegetable I wanted to try was:




You guessed it! Radishes! and yes I had them in the raw, just washed and cut the ends and sliced them or as a whole to accompany my meals. One of my meals of choice to enjoy it with was 'carne asada' tacos as well as 'quesadillas' and let me tell you it adds a little kick and flavor to any meal!



I am now a Radish fan :)

I found when shopping for Radishes they have to be a deep shade of red and in addition leaves should be bright green and the texture can not be soft to touch. Some of the radishes I purchased were spicy, but others were juicy and sweet. 



And now onto the next letter for week 5! 


Let's get creative with our vegetables and try them in different ways! 

Remember to share with us what vegetable you tried this week.


2 comments:

  1. I love radishes! We planted a lot in our garden! Some were white with purple inside, and tangy-hot!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but I've never seen them purple inside. I would love to see a picture... :)

      Delete