Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fireworks Tilapia






The SoCal Lady Bloggers are hosting a Pot Luck with delicious meals, drinks, appetizers and side dishes for you to prepare to celebrate Fourth of July this year. This year I wanted to prepare something different, I wanted to share a recipe that I just made up with ingredients I had in my home and I also wanted it to be healthy and using lots of vegetables. Not to mention easy. 



INGREDIENTS:

Tilapia Fillets {as many as you need, I used 3}
1 Medium sized Zucchini julienne cut
1 Large red bell pepper julienne cut
10 Grape tomatoes cut in half
1 Small Yellow Onion finely chopped
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
Garlic Salt to taste
Crushed Black Pepper to taste
Cooking Spray


PREPARATION:



1.- Place a large skillet on medium heat with cooking spray, in the meantime sprinkle garlic salt and crushed black pepper on each side of each fillet.


2.- Saute garlic and vegetables for about 5 minutes mixing constantly so they are evenly cooked. Spoon vegetables out of skillet and place in a bowl. 

3.- Cook tilapia 4 minutes on each side on medium heat. Add vegetables on top and let cook for another 3 minutes and serve!



We enjoyed ours with steamed brown rice and a side spinach salad as well as some fresh beets. 



No comments:

Post a Comment