Friday, June 14, 2013

Date Night ideas in San Francisco




This weekend my husband and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary not only that but on Saturday June 15th I will officially be 35 years old! It's my birthday! Which lead me to think about what would be the perfect way to celebrate in breezy San Francisco. We lived in the Bay Area for a little over a year and whenever we had out of town guests we would drive to San Fran and show them the town, each time I kept adding to my San Francisco Bucket List and now I've narrowed it down to 5 fun date night ideas.  ;)

It certainly wasn't easy, there are so many activities and places I'd like to enjoy a little more. Nonetheless here are some ideas:





1.- Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge, bikes can be rented at Pier 41 in Fisherman's Wharf along with the helmets and the bikes have a map of Fisherman's Wharf all the way through Marin County for you to ride across to Sausalito and enjoy the scenery. I would then enjoy a picnic in Sausalito with the gorgeous view of the Bay bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and the City. 




2.- Spend a night in Sausalito's Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa, the view from the room is spectacular! {at least that is what I noticed when I visited their site}. I would order room service to dine in the room's balcony while enjoying the sunset. Their spa also seems so relaxing




3.- Have a picnic at sunset at Marina Park which has a view of Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge, maybe some clam chowder soup and crab Louie salad from Alioto's? {Hey I can dream, right?}.



4.- Take a nighttime cruise along the Bay to see the City lights and float under the Golden Gate Bridge at night. I bet it looks spectacular! Of course I would do this sans kids and turn it into a date night. ;)



5.- Have dinner on any given Sunday in Little Italy, we've driven by and it looks so relaxing and different. The tables are setup on the sidewalk facing the street and every time we have driven by I think to myself maybe some day just a little dinner date :) it also looks so chic! 


I hope this is helpful for you and that someday we get to do at least one of these activities. For now we are going to enjoy celebrating being together through fun adventures. :D


What do you think of my list?

Would you add to this list? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to go there! Looks so romantic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. I have yet to go on a date night and do these amazing activities. Someday :D

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fantastic place to visit!

    ReplyDelete