Monday, July 25, 2011

Hair today....Gone today!

Since July 2010 I have not cut, trimmed or colored my hair. In fact my hair has been growing out from a very short pixie haircut for the past 2.5 years!!!


Before my appointment
I first found out of Locks of Love from a friend of mine who told me all about them in June 2010. Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that helps disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss. After I did some research I decided I would allow my hair to grow at least to 12 inches long and then donate it!

While getting my kids' haircut at Pigtails and Crewcuts in the Otay Ranch Mall , Judy (their hairstylist, she is the best!) informed me that the salon P&C participates in the program. What it means is that they measure your hair to at least 12 inches and then braid, cut it and ship it to the organization. They have the forms for you to fill out too! That said fast forward to today and my hair was donated!



Pigtails & Crewcuts in Otay Ranch Mall
As a thank you Pigtails and Crewcuts does the whole process free of charge and not only that... they cut and style it however you want!


My braid donation!

My intention is for you to be informed about it and maybe next time you decide to cut your long hair into a bob hopefully you will also choose to donate it for disadvantaged kids.

We'd like to thank Pigtails & Crewcuts for participating in this program and to Locks of Love for helping others!


For more information on Locks of Love please click on the following link http://locksoflove.org/

For more information on Pigtails & Crewcuts click on the following link  http://www.pigtailsandcrewcuts.com/chula-vista/

No comments:

Post a Comment