Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ranchero Shrimp.



INGREDIENTS:

2 Roma tomatoes
1 Medium yellow onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp minced garlic or 1 garlic clove chopped finely
Salt to desired taste
1 Lb Medium sized shrimp (devined and peeled without tail)
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp White cooking wine*
1/2 Can of "El Pato" sauce**

PREPARATION:

1.- Chop all the vegetables into half inch squares.

2.- In a medium/large saucepan at medium heat sautee onion, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil for about 2-3 minutes then add shrimp. Mix all ingredients well.



3.- Add chopped cilantro, cooking wine, salt mixing frequently while still in medium heat for 2 minutes and then add the "El Pato" sauce. Simmer for about 3 minutes and cover at low heat.

To know if shrimp is well cooked it should be a light pink hue.


* I use Goya's White Cooking Wine. You can find it in the Hispanic food aisle.


** El Pato sauce can be found in the Hispanic food aisle also.


Serve with rice either white or Mexican style.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us for Together in the kitchen!! This looks amazing!! xoxo

    amy from Evy's Tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm glad you liked it. My kids love this recipe.

      Delete
  2. Mmm... I love shrimp! This would be amazing in shrimp tacos :) Thank you for linking up & sharing. I'm so happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley, I'm glad you found us. ;) Yes I've tried doing it as tacos it is good, but I rather have my shrimp scampi {baja style} in tacos than this one :D Just a matter of taste preference.

      Delete
  3. we LOVE shrimp around here and will definitely be trying this recipe!! i've never cooked with wine before - so wish me luck!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll do fine! just do little by little of it. I can't wait to find out how it turned out ;)

      Delete
  4. just made this...me and my husband are in heaven :). !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D That is why I love sharing my family's recipes...

      Delete