Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mahi-Mahi

This past Monday I raid my refrigerator looking for ingredients to use for lunch, I did not have time to go grocery shopping over the weekend. I invented a dish using the only fresh produce and frozen mahi-mahi fish I had in our freezer.



INGREDIENTS:

1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1/2 Medium sized yellow onion (diced)
4 Mahi-Mahi fish steaks
1 Cup chopped baby carrots
2 Tbsp white cooking wine
2 Tbsp Cajun Creole spice mix
1/2 Tsp of minced garlic
Cooking spray





PREPARATION:

1.- Saute all ingredients except for Mahi-Mahi for about 2 minutes over medium heat.

2.- Add mahi-mahi steaks on top of vegetables and cook thoroughly on both sides. (about 4 minutes per side) on medium-low heat.

3.- Serve with either mashed potatoes or baked potato.


This recipe was delicious, hope you like it too.