Thursday, December 22, 2011

Theme Thursday's week 12/22

I am thankful to live in a Country that prides itself on diversity, in case I didn't mention before I am a University Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in International Business. I choose this major mostly because I love to learn about other cultures, traditions and languages.

This Country has so many different cultures, religions and languages. Each of them with their own holiday traditions some different some alike. In my family we have our own United Nations with Cuban, Mexican, Scottish, Jewish, African, Asian and even Middle Eastern nationalities. I love how diverse we are and how much this has contributed to our respect of others.

RESPECT, it is a strong word; a very important word that leads to PEACE. When we RESPECT others we achieve PEACE.

At our home we are Catholics and celebrate Christmas at other family member's home they celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa. Through our actions we are also teaching our children. I always remember that poem that our Parenting Class teacher's have in their classroom: When you thought I wasn't watching....

It is so true! so this Holiday Season let's remember to RESPECT one another and teach our children the true meaning of our holiday's no matter race, religion or traditions. Many bloggers have been talking about feeling left out because they don't celebrate Hanukkah. I would like for everyone to feel included because it is after all a very special season for all of us!

Me and my family wish you a very wonderful Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas. Hopefully one day everyone will RESPECT other's traditions.

2 comments:

  1. ppl get so offended when others say happy holidays instead of merry christmas. no one is trying to take jesus out of the equation, but just showing respect for all religions. i come from a catholic/methodist/jewish background, and i celebrate with a tree and menorah (well, this year it's a Hanukkah vase!!haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I always say Happy Holidays because I include all holidays in it. I'd love to see the Hanukkah vase! ;)

    ReplyDelete