Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brussels Sprouts




Yesterday I shared on my Facebook page that I had not tried Brussels Sprouts -ever! However 2 weeks ago I decided to buy some and figure out how to prepare them. I asked on Instagram how you had tried them and got some great ideas. Then I decided to experiment with them. Here is the first of 2 recipes I've loved so far with them. Oh and just so you know I've eaten them almost every day of the week of the past 2 weeks, yes loved them that much!






INGREDIENTS:

10 Brussels Sprouts
1 Tsp of minced garlic
Garlic Salt to taste
Crushed Black Pepper to taste
Cooking Spray


PREPARATION:

1.- Chop off the stem of each sprout and take the first layer off. Cut in half and set aside.

2.- Spray a medium sized skillet with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. After a minute add minced garlic and brussels sprouts, sauté for about 2 minutes.

3.- Add spices and stir it all as if you were stir-frying for 4 minutes, cover with a lid and place on low-medium heat for another 3 minutes.


Enjoy!


Fun fact about Brussels Sprouts is the have the same chemical as Broccoli to help boost DNA repair and block growth of cancer cells. Also high in vitamin K! 


6 comments:

  1. My entire family loves Brussels Sprouts which makes me so happy since I can't imagine no having them at least once a week :) Your recipe looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bibi, it is very simple yet very tasty. I love that the texture remains crunchy yet soft. The perfect balance :D

      Delete
  2. Thanx for posting, I LOVE brussel sprouts! I'm your newest follower, also in CA! You can follow at: www.tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Trista! I do too, I just tasted them a couple of weeks ago for the very first time and am hooked on them!

      Delete
  3. I've always been afraid to cook with brussel sprouts because i had no idea what to do with them ;) guess I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about trial and error in the kitchen ;) try out a way and if you like it add it to your recipe box :D

      Delete