Friday, August 16, 2013

Homemade Mango Salsa {recipe}




Since moving to Costa Rica I've become a little more adventurous in everything, specially in the kitchen. Trying out new recipes and ingredients. One of my favorite fruits is mango and it is widely found here everywhere! We recently visited some new friends here for a Sunday afternoon and although I had tried Mango Salsa in the U.S. {we usually bought it from Whole Foods} I have to admit that until we tried it here it dawned on me on how easy it was to prepare it. Now just so you know in Costa Rica Mango Salsa is called Mango Ceviche, I personally think it has to do with the way it is prepared. So today I am going to share with you how to prepare your mango salsa through a short video I posted on Instagram and list the ingredients so you too can prepare your own Mango Salsa....

INGREDIENTS:

1 Medium - Large size Mango cut into bite size pieces and without the skin {it can't be ripe or soft to touch}
1 Small onion chopped into tiny pieces {I used white but red onion also works}
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of freshly chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup of lime juice {freshly squeezed works best}

PREPARATION:



Serve chilled and with corn tortilla chips. It is perfect for a party, appetizer or just because. :D Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love mango salsa but have never made it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try :D I was always afraid of trying new recipes, I somehow have found it exciting and after I'm done and it is good then I feel happy and proud :D If you do let me know I'd like to know how it turned out :D

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love mango salsa but have never made it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mango!

    BTW, I nominated you my very positive friend for a Sunshine Award. I love your spirit and determination and you make me smile: http://www.thevalentinerd.com/let-the-sunshine-in-the-sunshine-award/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I tried a new mango recipe yesterday.. delicious! :D

      Thank you, very sweet of you :D Glad I make you smile :D and thank you on the determination compliment. I really needed that today as I reached for some nutter butters!

      Delete