Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wordy Wednesday "Date Night"



Since last Spring {April} my husband and I had not had an actual or should I say formal date night. We had been focused on our move, then getting settled in. I had done some research online in the past about date nights at home which is why I started a pinterest board called To Celebrate Us, but somehow we had been focused on our move, then getting settled in. 

Last week we found a babysitter with whom we felt comfortable, we planed for our date night. I was very excited about this. It's nice to be a family, be together for dinner and have conversations together. Yet sometimes you just want to have a deep meaningful conversation without interruptions. Get dressed up to go out and enjoy a nice meal with your significant other. I used to think this wasn't that important, but as time has gone by I feel it is very important to make time to have these outings just us. No kids. No friends. Just my husband and I. 

These outings "date nights" are when we get a chance to reconnect and talk about the present and our future. I'm very thankful we had this opportunity and got to enjoy some great sushi! :D

Since our move we've only had sushi once and it wasn't the best sushi I've had, but it was sushi. Glad we found a new place where our meal was great and the service was excellent. Thank you hubby for a nice dinner and great conversations. You made me very happy. I can't wait for our next date night! :D


How often do YOU have date nights with your significant other? 

6 comments:

  1. We have one this Thursday! Finally!!! It's the night before Jon's outpatient surgery but it was an opportunity I have dinner, without a toddler. Or a baby. So we have to do it. Money is right with our goal of saving for a house but we both recognize we need to get our, refocus on us. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!!! Enjoy every second of it. Enjoy your meal and conversation without interruptions and reconnect with each other, specially with 2 under 2 I know how challenging it can be to have date nights. xo ;)

      Delete
  2. Yeeeah, Wordy Weds!!! :) I am about to edit mine & get it live! Great post, from you, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! :D I can't wait to read yours... :D

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to have a date night. I loved when you shared the pic of you and hubby on facebook.. you're just so darn cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... thank you! I was super excited about it :D can you tell?

      Delete